Source: NHK, SKT “Dark
Castle or Khara Khoto”
1) To gain an understanding of the Silk Road and the geography
2) To ask questions based on historians point of view
You are a historian who is assigned to research the Silk Road. One of the
sources you will use is a video entitled, “Dark Castle or Khara Khoto.” Your
job is to think like a historian and answer the questions below and also
determine the dollar amount for each of the questions that are listed below.
must develop three questions of your own and assign a $1, $10 or $20 amount
of your questions.
1. $ _____ Where is the Dark Castle located?
2. $ ______ Describe the Gobi desert.
3. S ______ Why are camels so important to people crossing the Gobi desert?
(give at least THREE reasons)
4. $ _______ Explain the legend of the Dark Castle.
5. $ _______ In what ways would the Silk Road have made connections to the
world during the Middle Ages?
6. $ _______ Based on the video, would you want to travel along the Silk
Road inthe Middle Ages? Why or Why not? ( 50 words) (use the back if
you need to)
7. Develop three questions based on the information from the video and determine
what the dollar amount is for each question. Write your questions below and
on the back
1. $ _______
2. $ ________
3. $ ________